World Quaker Day is an annual event where we celebrate the diversity of Quakerism around the world, and build connections to make our community stronger.
World Quaker Day 2023 will take place on Sunday 1 October with the theme ‘Living the spirit of Ubuntu: Responding with hope to God’s call to cherish creation – and one another’. This is also the theme of the next World Plenary Meeting which is taking place in South Africa and online in August 2024.
Sign up to FWCC’s monthly e-newsletter to receive updates about World Quaker Day and other FWCC news.
What is World Quaker Day?
Friends World Committee for Consultation (FWCC) began this annual event in 2014 to help raise awareness of the diverse family of Friends around the world.
It is a chance for Quakers to remember that we are worshiping through every time zone, celebrating our deep connections across cultures and Quaker traditions. We are united in love and can accompany each other on this special day that draws us together. It is a chance to celebrate our wonderful diversity of expression, whilst at the same time offering an important opportunity to learn about Friends’ experiences in other parts of the world.
- Save the date for World Quaker Day and put it in your calendar.
- Inform your church or meeting about World Quaker Day.
- Choose from the ideas, activities and resources provided on the World Quaker Day website.
- After the event, tell others what you have done — write it up or make a video then send it to us.
- Check back on the World Quaker Day website to see what other Friends around the world have done.